The vehicle must not be older than 3 years
Popular Japan Cars in Seychelles
Nissan X-Trail, Honda Vezel, Honda Fit, Toyota Aqua, Toyota C-HR, Suzuki Ignis, Suzuki Swift.
The major shipping ports in Seychelles are Port Victoria, Port of Mahe.
Only Brand New Vehicles can be imported into Seychelles and Trucks can be imported older than 04 years depending on the Tonnage.
Importation of used vehicle by returning residents/students is allowed in the country. A returning resident is a Seychelles citizen living outside Seychelles for a continuous period of not less than 2 years and is returning to Seychelles to take up permanent residence is considered as a returning resident.
Given conditions under the Used Vehicle Policy under the Ministry of Finance should be followed by returning residents importing a used vehicle :-
- The motor vehicle must be for passenger use only
- Only one vehicle is permitted per person
- A returning resident once granted an import permit will not be allowed to import another second hand motor vehicle or motor cycle should he/she decide to move overseas again.
- The vehicle must enter the country within 6 months of the returning graduate/resident taking residency in Seychelles.
- The returning resident/graduate is not allowed to sell or transfer the vehicle for the period of two years following the registration of the vehicle with the Seychelles License Authority (SLA).